Figure Drawing Lessons 3/8 – How To Draw Perspective – Drawing Two Point Perspective
Don’t miss out on future figure drawing lessons, sign up for free here: http://mydrawingtutorials.com/figure
Connect With Us:
This video is part of a full lesson, to view the complete lesson, go here:
Hi, it’s Ethan again and welcome back to the 3rd video in this lesson series on figure drawing.
If you are just joining us and missed the previous 2 videos, please be sure to watch them now and then come back to this one.
Just click on the link below to watch them…
Lesson 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvrocH4noms
Lesson 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVBAPGBlnls
In the last video, we covered the basics of human proportion and learned to construct a human stick figure from scratch.
Now it’s time to take it one step further and learn about perspective. Perspective is basically the art of making 2 dimensional drawings look 3 dimensional.
And it’s extremely important in figure drawing because as soon as you want to draw a figure in any other position than the standard front view, you need to understand how perspective will change that way that figure look. Otherwise, your drawings will never look realistic.
For example, here’s a drawing of a brick without the use of perspective.
I looks flat and very uninteresting.
Now, here’s the same brick drawn with the use of perspective.
It looks much more realistic and fun to look at. That’s how much of a difference a little bit of perspective can make.
Now, perspective can be a very complex subject so we won’t be able to cover everything in this short video. But I will try to do my best to give you a crash course and teach you the most important elements that will make the biggest difference to your drawing.
Then, we’ll go through a step-by-step practical exercise and show you how to draw your first 3 dimensional figure.
Ok, let’s begin.
[PLEASE REFER TO THE VIDEO ABOVE FOR STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS]
So now that you know the basic rules of perspective, you’ll be able to transfer this knowledge into your figure drawing to create more dynamic and interesting work.
Which is exactly what we are going to do in tomorrow’s lesson. I’m going to show you step-by-step how to apply what you just learn to draw a 3 dimensional human figure in perspective.
So be sure to check your email inbox for that lesson from me tomorrow.
If you’re watching this and you aren’t subscribed to my free newsletter yet, be sure to do that now so you won’t miss out on future lessons.
It’s completely free and only takes 30 seconds.
Just go to http://mydrawingtutorials.com/figure
And finally, if you liked this video, show me you’re alive by hitting that “LIKE” button and leaving a comment below.
Also please share this lesson with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ by using the social sharing buttons on this page!
Once again, this is Ethan for MyDrawingTutorials.com. Thank you for watching and I’ll see you tomorrow!
- Shading Lessons: Learn How to Draw Shades – How to Shade – Fine Art-Tips.
- Ministers, Lawmakers Draw Lessons From U.S. Polls
- Learn To Draw #01 – Sketching Basics + Materials
- How to draw Spongebob Squarepants – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- How to draw Queen Elsa – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- How to draw Batman – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- How to draw a rose – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- How to Draw a Mouse – Easy Cartoon Mouse Drawing Lessons for Kids | BP
- How to draw a Bird – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- Figure Drawing Lessons 7/8 – Drawing And Shading – Shading Techniques With Pencil
- Figure Drawing Lessons 6/8 – Anatomy Drawing For Artists – Drawing Human Anatomy
- Figure Drawing Lessons 2/8 – Drawing Human Proportions Using Stick Figures
- Figure Drawing Lessons 1/8 – Secret To Drawing The Human Figure
- Drawing Lessons : How to Draw Simple Flowers for Kids
- Drawing Lessons – How to Draw Horses (Preview)
- Drawing Lessons: How to Draw a Realistic Face – Fine Art-Tips