Figure Drawing Lessons 6/8 – Anatomy Drawing For Artists – Drawing Human Anatomy
Don’t miss out on future figure drawing lessons, sign up for free here: http://mydrawingtutorials.com/figure
Connect With Us:
This video is part of a full lesson, to view the complete lesson, go here:
Hello and welcome back to the 6th video in this tutorial series on how to draw the human figure.
In the last video, we learned how to simplify the human body into simple 3D shapes and draw a manikin figure.
So if you missed the previous lessons, you can click below to watch them now…
Lesson 1 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvrocH4noms
Lesson 2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVBAPGBlnls
Lesson 3 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phWtQ2odZh0
Lesson 4 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lp6gc4gjjY
Lesson 5 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFyiM-Z3NZc
In today’s lesson, we’re going to cover how to add anatomical detail to our manikin to make it look realistic.
Knowing proper anatomy when drawing the figure is extremely important and if you ask any expert, they’ll tell you that it is one of the most critical things you have to learn.
But unfortunately, anatomy is often neglected by many artists.
Now I don’t want to overwhelm you with all the anatomical details of the entire figure, so in this video, we are just going to focus on drawing the arm.
This will keep everything more manageable and give you an introduction to anatomy drawing.
So in the next clip, my co-instructor Michael will walk you through how to layer muscles onto a simple manikin arm and make it look real.
Let’s go over to the table and get started…
[PLEASE REFER TO THE ABOVE VIDEO FOR STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS]
Alright, so that’s how you draw the muscles of the arm.
Now be sure to take out a piece of paper and follow along with this exercise to draw your own arm.
Because in tomorrow’s lesson, we’re going to cover how to add shading to that drawing to make it look three dimensional.
I know shading can be a big difficulty for a lot of people and tomorrow we are going to cover some very cool shading techniques, so be sure to tune in for that one.
As always, if you are a subscribers to my free newsletter, just watch your inbox for an email from me.
And if you are not subscribe yet, do so now so you don’t miss out on the next lesson.
Just go to http://mydrawingtutorials.com/figure
And finally, if you liked this video, please hit the “LIKE” button and share this lesson with your friends on your favorite social network by using the social sharing buttons on this page!
Thank you once again for watching. This is Ethan for http://mydrawingtutorials.com and I’ll see you tomorrow!
- Shading Lessons: Learn How to Draw Shades – How to Shade – Fine Art-Tips.
- Ministers, Lawmakers Draw Lessons From U.S. Polls
- Learn To Draw #01 – Sketching Basics + Materials
- How to draw Spongebob Squarepants – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- How to draw Queen Elsa – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- How to draw Batman – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- How to draw a rose – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- How to Draw a Mouse – Easy Cartoon Mouse Drawing Lessons for Kids | BP
- How to draw a Bird – Easy step-by-step drawing lessons for kids
- Figure Drawing Lessons 7/8 – Drawing And Shading – Shading Techniques With Pencil
- Figure Drawing Lessons 3/8 – How To Draw Perspective – Drawing Two Point Perspective
- Figure Drawing Lessons 2/8 – Drawing Human Proportions Using Stick Figures
- Figure Drawing Lessons 1/8 – Secret To Drawing The Human Figure
- Drawing Lessons : How to Draw Simple Flowers for Kids
- Drawing Lessons – How to Draw Horses (Preview)
- Drawing Lessons: How to Draw a Realistic Face – Fine Art-Tips