Golf Lessons – Hit pure iron shots
Golf Lessons with Derek Hooper – Possibly the biggest challenge faced by the average golfer is the ability to hit the ball consistently solid and thus the ability hit pure iron shots. Too often players will hit the ground before the club contacts the ball or miss the ground completely and simply hit the top of the ball. Either outcome is not desirable and makes it impossible to control the golf ball and thus score well.
The key to hit pure iron shots is to learn how to move the club so that is moving slightly down as it contacts the golf ball. This ensures a more centered strike and creates a divot on the target side of the golf ball that will give you that pure shot feeling.
In this video I explain a simple drill and that you can use with any fairway shot and in any practice situation, that will have you contacting the ball first every time.
Now that you have the ability to hit pure iron shots, you may want to consider adding 20 yards to your drives. To learn how to hit your tee shots a little longer check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbpxdakfIbY
Subscribe to my You Tube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/DerekHooperGOLF
Website – http://www.derekhoopergolf.com
- Senior Golf Lessons: 2/6 Backswing
- Playing Lessons, Golf Channel, Episode 3 Sandra and Holly, First Hole
- PGA Golf Lesson: Scoring Zone (Chipping & Pitching Tips)
- GOLF’S GREATEST LESSONS EVER!!!
- [Golf with Aimee] Aimee’s Golf Lesson 021: Power Down Swing
- [Golf with Aimee] Aimee’s Golf Lesson 019: POWER BACK SWING
- Golf Tips – Hitting Driver – Bell Bay Golf Academy – Golf Lessons
- Golf Swinging Techniques for Beginners : Golf Lessons
- Golf Lessons – Stop Topping Fairway Woods
- Golf Lessons – Stop hitting the ground before the ball
- Golf Lessons – Putting Basics
- Golf Lessons – How to Play a Pitch Shot
- Golf Lessons – How to Play a Bunker Shot
- Golf Lessons – How To Chip in Golf
- Golf Lessons – How The Golf Swing Works
- Golf Lessons – Effortless Power