Golf Lessons – Stop Topping Fairway Woods
Golf Lessons: How to Stop Topping Fairway Woods
In this tip, I try to explain how to stop topping fairway woods. Everyone has come across this problem before, a topped or thin fairway wood. Its an easy fix if you just know the cause of the shot. In all of my golf tips, I show the cause and the way to fix it. Topping fairway woods is a very common bad shot for many players. Once you figure out how to implement this into your own game, the results will help your score.
By knowing the cause of a topped fairway wood, this will in turn help you get the cure of the topping fairway wood. When do you use a fairway wood, usually when there is a large distance to hit; after a poor tee shot, trying to reach a par 5 in 2, etc.. You are usually trying to hit the ball too hard. This in turn makes you tense up your arms and bulcke you arms. The result is the top.
The cure for this is to relax and let your arms stretch out. You have to let the club get into the gap between the ball and the ground. By relazing and not trying to hit the ball so hard, this will let your arms stretch out and make better contact with the ball. This in turn will allow you to hit better shots. Hitting with a 3 wood is a tough shot to many players.
Now you have figured out that the bad shots with your fairway woods is because you are trying to hit them too hard, you will then be able to hit them better from now on. Usually with bad shots you have to ask yourself why do i top my 3 wood. Relaxing with these shots and others will help your game get to the next level.
If you liked this tip, please subscribe to my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/paulwilsongolf
- Senior Golf Lessons: 2/6 Backswing
- Playing Lessons, Golf Channel, Episode 3 Sandra and Holly, First Hole
- PGA Golf Lesson: Scoring Zone (Chipping & Pitching Tips)
- GOLF’S GREATEST LESSONS EVER!!!
- [Golf with Aimee] Aimee’s Golf Lesson 021: Power Down Swing
- [Golf with Aimee] Aimee’s Golf Lesson 019: POWER BACK SWING
- Golf Tips – Hitting Driver – Bell Bay Golf Academy – Golf Lessons
- Golf Swinging Techniques for Beginners : Golf Lessons
- Golf Lessons – Stop hitting the ground before the ball
- Golf Lessons – Putting Basics
- Golf Lessons – How to Play a Pitch Shot
- Golf Lessons – How to Play a Bunker Shot
- Golf Lessons – How To Chip in Golf
- Golf Lessons – How The Golf Swing Works
- Golf Lessons – Hit pure iron shots
- Golf Lessons – Effortless Power