how to play “Kashmir” on guitar by Led Zeppelin | electric guitar lesson tutorial
Please help support my lessons by donating here: https://www.shutupandplay.ca/donate.html
An electric guitar lesson on how to play “Kashmir” by Led Zeppelin, from the “Physical Graffiti” album released in 1975.
“I wish we were remembered for Kashmir more than Stairway To Heaven.” That’s a quote from Robert Plant. Kashmir was the song they were all most proud of and you can see why. It’s such a unique and epic piece of music. To me it’s classic Led Zeppelin and has always been one of my favorite tracks of theirs.
The coolest part about the song is that the main guitar riff is in 6/8 while the drums play in 4/4. This keeps the beat turning around so that every cycle the one changes from the kick to the snare. It’s a lot of fun to play, you get swept up in the groove and it never gets boring.
The tune is in DADGAD tuning, and once you get the right fingerings it’s actually not too hard to play. But like most rock music, it’s more about the feel and that always takes a while to nail down.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the video. I had a great time putting its together, it was a lot of fun as I’ve always really loved this tune. cheers
I get a lot of questions about my gear. You can read about it on my website here: https://www.shutupandplay.ca/gear.html
Folks may be surprised at how much time and effort goes into creating these videos. If you’re getting something out of the lessons and can afford to contribute, I’ve setup a donation link below. If you can’t afford it no worries, but if you can, any amount is appreciated and will help me to continue to make the videos.
Thanks for all the comments, and questions and of course for subscribing. A special thanks to all of you that have contributed financially by making a donation! I really appreciate the support. Good luck to everyone with their guitar playing.
- The Final Countdown – Europe (How to Play – Guitar Solo Lesson)
- Sweep Picking Shred Guitar Lesson in E Minor | Jonathan Graham
- Super Easy First Guitar Lesson – Guitar Lessons For Beginners – Stage 1 – The D Chord
- Steve Vai Guitar Lesson – For The Love of God – Alien Guitar Secrets: Passion & Warfare
- Sorry – Justin Bieber – Guitar Lesson (Guitar Tutorial) Easy chords + Melody
- Slow and Easy Delta Blues Guitar Lesson (Fingerstyle) – EP177 – Easy Fingerstyle Guitar Lesson
- Play TEN guitar songs with two EASY chords | Beginners first guitar lesson
- Pink Floyd “Wish You Were Here” Complete Guitar Lesson
- Nirvana – You Know You’re Right Guitar Lesson
- More Than Words – Extreme – Guitar Lesson Acoustic (SB-126) Nuno
- Metallica – Moth Into Flame Guitar Lesson (Chords/Rhythms)
- Melodic Blues Guitar Lesson
- How to play the Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams – Guitar Lesson Tutorial
- How to play ‘The Stage’ Intro Taps by Avenged Sevenfold Guitar Lesson
- how to play “Purple Rain” on guitar by Prince | electric guitar lesson tutorial
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud – Lesson – How to Play on guitar – Tutorial Chords