6 Critical Lessons Newbies Need to Know About Real Estate Investing
I was 21 years old when I bought my first investment property.
I’d like to pretend everything went smoothly – but that would be a lie. Sometimes it was downright messy.
Because I didn’t really know what I was doing!
That’s the story for most newbies. It’s a scary thing venturing out into the world of real estate when you don’t have a lot of experience. I still remember the fear, the uncertainty, the excitement… it all comes with the territory.
It’s my goal here at BiggerPockets to help you avoid the mistakes that I made in my real estate journey, and to help you find your own path toward success. Therefore, let me share with you six critical lessons that every newbie (and advanced investor, I suppose) needs to know about investing in real estate.
- William Green: “Lessons From the Great Minds of Investing” | Talks at Google
- Two key lessons you can learn from academic research on investing
- Tim Bennett Explains: Black Monday – three investing lessons
- The Investing Lessons Learned from the Ongoing Baker Hughes / Halliburton Drama
- The Four Pillars of Investing: Lessons for Building a Winning Portfolio, Audiobook Trailer
- The 3 Most Important Rules of Investing
- STOP Renting your Properties out! | Real Estate Investing Lessons
- Stock Investing Lesson 4 – Using Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis to Value Stocks
- Stock Investing Lesson 3 – What makes a company valuable and what makes a stock a “Buy”?
- Stock Investing Lesson 1 – What is the Stock Market?
- Rick Rule’s Investing Lessons
- Lessons Learned from Investing $1 Billion (Stock vs ETF vs Mutual Fund Investing) – Part 1 of 2
- Investing Lessons Learned The Hard Way
- Investing Lessons from the Other Buffett
- Investing lessons from Occam’s Razor
- Investing Lessons from Mean Reversion