Relationship & Love Lessons by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Ravi Shankar was born in Papanasam, Tamil Nadu to Smt. Visalakshi Ratnam and R. S. Venkat Ratnam, who was then active in the automobile business. He belongs to the Iyer Brahmin community. He was named “Ravi” (a common Indian name meaning “sun”) because his birth was on a Sunday, and “Shankar” after the eighth-century Hindu saint, Adi Shankara. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Bangalore University (St. Joseph’s College).
After graduation, Shankar traveled with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and was invited by Maharishi to give talks on Vedic science, arrange conferences on the Vedas and science, and set up Ayurveda centers.He is the disciple of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. He was with the Maharishi at the inauguration of the first of the Golden Domes at Maharishi International University. In the 1980s, Shankar initiated a series of practical and experiential courses in spirituality around the globe. He says that his rhythmic breathing exercise, Sudarshan Kriya, came to him in 1982 “like a poem, an inspiration” after a ten-day period of silence on the banks of the Bhadra River in Shimoga, state of Karnataka, adding, “I learned it and started teaching it”.
Shankar says that every emotion has a corresponding rhythm in the breath and regulating breath could help relieve personal suffering. After realizing Sudarshan Kriya, Shankar started sharing it with others through the Art of Living course, first held in Shimoga, Karnataka.
Shankar inspired his father and several other prominent citizens of Bangalore to found Ved Vignan Maha Vidya Peeth, an education and charitable trust, in 1981[better source needed]. Under the auspices of this trust, he opened a school south of Bangalore for local rural children. The school now provides free education for 2,000 such children.
In 1983, Shankar held the first Art of Living course in Europe in Switzerland. In 1986, he travelled to Apple Valley, California in the USA to conduct the first course to be held in North America
Thumbnail Image Attribution:http://www.flickr.com/photos/malinhelene/5431009893/ available under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/deed.en
- What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness | Robert Waldinger
- Tariq Nasheed: Mack Lessons Radio Episode #242 – “Relationship Blues”
- Relationship Lessons Learned From Horror Films
- Relationship Lessons from the Book of Ruth
- Relationship Lessons From Song of Songs 7
- RELATIONSHIP LESSONS FOR GUYS!!!
- Relationship Lessons #5: Christian Dating
- Relationship Lessons #4: High School Horribleness
- Relationship Lessons #1: Middle School
- Photography Lessons – Relationship between camera aperture, shutter speed and ISO – Episode 5
- Oprah: Lessons From Her Relationship with Her Mother | Oprah’s Lifeclass | Oprah Winfrey Network
- My Top 5 Personal Lessons for a Fulfilling Relationship
- Love & Relationships – expressions and vocabulary
- Hindi Photography Lessons – Relationship between Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO – Episode 5
- Dating & Relationship Lessons Learned
- Dating and relationship Vocabulary – Spoken English Lesson