How to Improve Jockeying Defense Skills | Soccer Lessons
Amazon Must Haves for Soccer Players:
GOLME PRO Pop Up Soccer Goal: http://amzn.to/1Vx8kTH
Adidas Performance Conext15 Top Glider Soccer Ball: http://amzn.to/1hUSkfW
Under Armour Striker Backpack: http://amzn.to/1JzqUmA
Adidas Estadio Team Shoe Bag: http://amzn.to/1NYxhFw
Vizari Malaga Shin Guard: http://amzn.to/1UsnmI3
Adidas Metro III Soccer Sock: http://amzn.to/1NYxqZk
Watch more How to Play Soccer videos: http://www.howcast.com/videos/500099-How-to-Improve-Jockeying-Defense-Skills-Soccer-Lessons
Defensive jocking is when the defender contains the attacker to find the right time to steal the ball.
In the first jocking exercise, the attacker is shielding the ball. Two players play one v one, the attacker is holding the ball, the defender waits until the moment where they can steal it.
Key factors to jocking if the attacker is shielding the ball. Be close enough so that you can touch the attacker. Give yourself an angle, not square on. Bad angle, good angle. You want to be able to stay low and change directions quickly.
In this second exercise, the attacker is dribbling towards the defender in a zig zag pattern. The defender wants to stay goal side of the ball and change directions quickly when the attacker cuts. Waiting for the moment where the attacker hits the ball a little bit too far in front of them. At this point, they can go for the steal.
To be a top player, you have to be able to play on both sides of the ball and jocking will really help your defending.
- Youth Soccer Coaching: Slalom Dribble, Soccer Conditioning Soccer Lessons for Soccer Tots
- Soccer Skills – The Top 5 Soccer Skills Players Need
- Soccer Lessons from A Cholo?⚽
- Soccer Drills – Top 5 Soccer Training Drills To Improve Fast
- How to Slide Tackle | Soccer Lessons
- How to Shoot on the Move | Soccer Lessons
- How to Shield the Ball | Soccer Lessons
- How To Kick A Soccer Ball – 3 Soccer Kicks You Must Know
- How to Improve Goalkeeping Distribution | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do the Zico | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do the Scissors | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do the Nutmeg | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do the Matthews Cut | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do Shooting Drills | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do Kicking Drills | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do Heading Drills | Soccer Lessons