How to Slide Tackle | Soccer Lessons
Amazon Must Haves for Soccer Players:
GOLME PRO Pop Up Soccer Goal: http://amzn.to/1Vx8kTH
Adidas Performance Conext15 Top Glider Soccer Ball: http://amzn.to/1hUSkfW
Under Armour Striker Backpack: http://amzn.to/1JzqUmA
Adidas Estadio Team Shoe Bag: http://amzn.to/1NYxhFw
Vizari Malaga Shin Guard: http://amzn.to/1UsnmI3
Adidas Metro III Soccer Sock: http://amzn.to/1NYxqZk
Watch more How to Play Soccer videos: http://www.howcast.com/videos/500083-How-to-Slide-Tackle-Soccer-Lessons
Slide Tackling. You want to use this when you’re a defender and you’re in an act of desperation, you want to dispossess your opponent. You can also use this as an attacker where you’re trying to save the ball from going out of bounds.
This exercise starts with a player and the ball in their hand, we’re going to roll it out in front of them about ten yards and they’re going to run after it and slide and scoop the ball away. As we progress, instead of just kicking the ball out of bounds we want to be able to scoop the ball with our foot and maintain possession.
The second exercise, the attacker is dribbling, and when there is separation between the attacker and the ball, the defender scoops in and knocks the ball away with a slide tackle. An ideal slide tackle is one where you can maintain possession of the ball and find a team mate.
The key factors in slide tackling is you want to challenge from the side and not from behind. Only slide tackle when you need to, make sure you get the ball, and pop right back up and get on with the game.
- Youth Soccer Coaching: Slalom Dribble, Soccer Conditioning Soccer Lessons for Soccer Tots
- Soccer Skills – The Top 5 Soccer Skills Players Need
- Soccer Lessons from A Cholo?⚽
- Soccer Drills – Top 5 Soccer Training Drills To Improve Fast
- How to Shoot on the Move | Soccer Lessons
- How to Shield the Ball | Soccer Lessons
- How To Kick A Soccer Ball – 3 Soccer Kicks You Must Know
- How to Improve Jockeying Defense Skills | Soccer Lessons
- How to Improve Goalkeeping Distribution | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do the Zico | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do the Scissors | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do the Nutmeg | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do the Matthews Cut | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do Shooting Drills | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do Kicking Drills | Soccer Lessons
- How to Do Heading Drills | Soccer Lessons