Creative Writing Lessons: Lesson 2 how to beat writers’ block (creative writing)
Creative Writing Lessons: Lesson 2 how to beat writers’ block
Creative Writing Advice: writers’ block and how to beat it and carry on writing
The latest video in my series to help people with creative writing is on the subject of writers’ block. Writers’ Block can be the worst thing. I’ve put together some thoughts and tips that I hope will help. With ideas from me and other writers to help you work through writers’ block, and some of the tricks and tips I’ve picked up along the way, this will hopefully get you thinking differently, worrying less about your work and bring you through your crisis of confidence and out the other side of writers’ block.
Philip Pullman suggests that Writers’ Block doesn’t exist. Perhaps refuting its existence is the way forward. Mostly, writers’ block tends to be about confidence, and a writer feeling that they’ll never write well enough. To get through to the other side of the block, the writer needs to ignore those negative feelings and write something, anything. This video will help you find ways to do this, and introduce exercises, and a website, to help.
Thanks for watching. If you’re interested in learning more about creative writing and short stories, follow this link to a special offer on my current Udemy course. https://www.udemy.com/short-story-workshop-learn-from-a-prizewinning-writer/?couponCode=YouTube_Half
Part of my series of creative writing lectures and lessons for beginners. Check out the playlist and channel for more like this.
I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor, and using Screencastify software on a google chromebook
- Writing the Date in American English & British English – Free English lessons
- Writing Skills: The Paragraph
- Writing Lessons : How to Teach Writing Skills to ESL Students
- Voice Lesson: Finding YOUR Voice
- Tutorial 1 – Indian Classical Vocal Music for Beginners by Siddharth Slathia
- Read & Write ANYTHING in Arabic in only 6 lessons! Alphabet #1
- Professional Vocal Warmup 1 – “Opening Up The Voice”
- Practical & Creative Writing Lessons : How to Write a Fairy Tale
- Miranda gives Tori Kelly A Voice Lesson
- Miranda gives Colleen a Voice lesson!
- Learn Hiragana – Kantan Kana Lesson 1 Learn to Read and Write Japanese
- K 1 Narrative Writing Lessons Stage 2 Pt 1
- K 1 Narrative Writing Lessons Stage 1 Part 1
- IELTS Writing Task 1 – What to write!
- How to write descriptively – Nalo Hopkinson
- How to Write a Complete Sentence | Grammar Lessons